Thursday, September 17, 2009

Focus: Letter Stickers


Yesterday on a run to the get-everything-here-store, I stumbled upon a pack of K&Company patterned letter stickers. It’s called an “Embellishment Flip Pack” and says that it includes 742 pieces. It was out of place, and I could see nowhere that it belonged. I was certain it was upwards of $10, but you never know, so I threw it in the cart (I’m trying to not spend money on myself right now, but this could be a good deal…). Low 'n behold - $3.50. Uh, yeah, I’ll take that.

This week should have taught me – it was a hard challenge! But letter stickers are handy and if you find just the right one, it can make or break a page. A picture is worth a thousand words, yes. But a well-placed word – on or around a picture (besides a title) - can add to the story. Christine’s layout says a lot. Her picture is telling, but her surrounding words are the perfect caption. Christine shared another idea to do X's and O's on a page. I found this one on twopeasinabucket by Amy Grendall. Super cute. Brae shared her layout and uses a lot of letters (especially those that are less popular than others), to create a fantastic effect with some ink and a brayer. Jamie’s card looks great and speaks well for those huge sticker letters. Sometimes I wonder how useful those will be for me, but this is a great way to utilize them. I love how Jenny T uses lighter colored pink stickers in the back and then puts her title over it with the black stickers. I’m definitely using that. (I’ve been wondering what to do with my pink letter rub-ons!) Then there is the always trusty way to use up letter stickers – using random ones to create your title or a message of some sort. Even though it’s kindof a title, I love what THCEO did with her Halloween card. It’s just cute. In the September 09 issue of Creating Keepsakes, Emily Pitts does a great layout on page 71, where she uses huge letters to spell COAT, but cuts horizontally through the middle of the letters to create a space for journaling. I know, if I could find a link online to it, I would give it to you. But I cannot find one. Find the magazine. Speaking of which, Creating Keepsakes is sometimes a little too involved for my usually-simple approach, but this issue does have a lot of layouts that focus on using up leftover or older supplies!

With all this inspiration, I suppose my new letter stickers won’t last long. But if the results are fun and meaningful, I think I’ll take it. Enjoy your supplies!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I love all of these examples, going to write them down for future use!

Unknown said...

Wow! Love it! Adorable layout!

- - Sheryl - - said...

This LO is so adorable - love all the buttons!

Crystal said...

This is so nice! I love it!