Monday, December 2, 2013

Easy Holiday Ornament and Gifts

Hi All!  Practical Scrapper Laura here today!  I absolutely
love holiday crafting.....don't you?  One of the things that
I'm a fan of is taking simple items, and creating gifts or home
decor.  This ornament is super simple, but would make a great
gift, package decoration, or pretty addition to any tree:


To think it started out with grabbing a dollar store type ornament and
a few random embellishments from my stash:
  

I added an American Crafts rhinestone brad to the Tim Holtz
metal charm, and then wrapped it with a small bit of tulle:


I punched circle from BoBunny paper, and inked around the edges
with Black Soot Distress Ink, then I glued the circle to the snowflake,
and the deer to the paper using Glossy Accents:

In this pic above you can also see how I strung the tulle thru the
crystal bead charm, and also used it to attach the "25" to the
ornament as well.  Here is another view of the attached pieces:


The finishing touch at the top was a pretty bow, with some tinsel
twine, and an American Crafts sparkly button.

Don't be afraid to pull out some miscellaneous items from your
stash and just create....you never know what you'll come up with!

Happy holiday crafting.....and thanks for stoppin' by!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Beautiful ornament! I have some of these snowflakes on hand. I might just have to make a few... Thanks!