Saturday, March 1, 2014

Getting to know our Designers: Marcia, Lissa, Wendi, Patty, and Kim


Where do you Currently Live? The frozen tundra of Minnesota
How Long Have you been doing Paper Crafts? 15 years or so.
How long have you been on the design team for Practical Scrappers? 1 year
What are some of your favorite companies to play with? I LOVE them all! Fancy Pants, Simple Stories, Bo Bunny, Authentique, My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon, Crate Paper, Pink Paislee, Doodlebug, Creative Embellishments, Chic Tags, Want2Scrap, Cheery Lynn, Quick Quotes, SVGcuts, and of course Imaginisce
Why do you do paper crafts? I love to preserve my family's memories and make people smile when I give them a homemade gift.
How would you describe your style? Eclectic. I let the paper and photos talk to me. Sometimes I just want to be shabby and distress my papers, other times I want a more clean and simple design. 
What are some things we will see a lot of in your work? Negative space, layers, handmade flowers
What part of paper crafting is your favorite? Connecting with friends at crops (which I don't do often enough). My first love was layouts, but I have branched into card making, minis, home decor, and 3 dimensional gift boxes and bags.
What are your three favorite tools? Silhouette Cameo, Big Shot, Sewing Machine
Have you been published anywhere? Scrapbook and Cards Today, Scrapbooking & Beyond, Cricut, Scrapbook Trends, Cards, Create, and Papercrafts Magazine.
Do you design for any manufacturers or other blogs? Imaginisce

Here's all my Social Media Links


Where do you Currently Live? Colorado
How Long Have you been doing Paper Crafts? I started scrapbooking in 1997
How long have you been on the design team for Practical Scrappers? Since Jan. 2014
What are some of your favorite companies to play with? I love everything! But some of my favorites are Kiwi Lane, American Crafts, My Mind's Eye, Echo Park, Crate Paper, and Heidi Swapp
Why do you do paper crafts? It's my creative outlet and a chance for me to document our family's stories
How would you describe your style? Bright, colorful, and fun
What are some things we will see a lot of in your work? I love using bright colors, lots of photos, paper punches, die cut shapes, and lots of layers -- and I love creating double-page layouts
What part of paper crafting is your favorite? I love it all. I do some scrapbooking-related every day -- I just go with whatever I'm in the mood to do at that time. I love putting together my own kits to play with so that when I'm ready to scrapbook, I just pull out a kit and get creative.
What are your three favorite tools? Kiwi Lane designer templates, my Fiskars paper trimmer, and paper punches
Have you been published anywhere? Scrapbook Trends (April 2014), Create: Stamping (May 2014)
Do you design for any manufacturers or other blogs? Kiwi Lane Designs, Miss Kate Cuttables, and Sketch 'N Scrap
Here's all my Social Media Links
Blog 




Where do you Currently Live? Simi Valley, CA (right outside of LA)
How Long Have you been doing Paper Crafts? I started raw scrapbooking before I even knew what it was back in high school, but have been serious about it since 2004
How long have you been on the design team for Practical Scrappers?
Since July 2012
What are some of your favorite companies to play with?
MME, Echo Park, Elle's Studio, Chic Tags
Why do you do paper crafts?
I love having a crafty release and preserving our family photos, plus I enjoy having an artistic side
How would you describe your style?
kinda messy, but with clean lines
What are some things we will see a lot of in your work?
misting, sewing, enamel dots, my own handwriting
What part of paper crafting is your favorite?
I love creating layouts the most, but enjoy making cards and also home decor items for around the house
What are your three favorite tools?
my MM distressor, sewing machine, punches
Do you design for any manufacturers or other blogs?
Here's all my Social Media Links


 Where do you Currently Live? Near Raleigh, North Carolina
How Long Have you been doing Paper Crafts? I began scrapbooking about 20 years ago!  EEEK! That seems like such a long time!
How long have you been on the design team for Practical Scrappers? I joined the team in July, 2012
What are some of your favorite companies to play with? I LOVE them all but if I had to choose my faves they would be: MME, Echo Park, Doodlebug Designs, Bella Blvd...
Why do you do paper crafts?  I think it is super important to preserve our story for future generations! I wish I knew so much more about my family history.  And I love to see the look on people's faces when they receive a gift I made.  Such a special feeling.    
How would you describe your style?  My style is whimsical with bright colors and clean lines.
What are some things we will see a lot of in your work? You will see a lot of my kiddos, cause that's who I scrap the most of!  You will also see lots of flowers, washi tape and I  I might have a slight obsession with clouds at teh moment! 
What part of paper crafting is your favorite? The process...It's my therapy!
What are your three favorite tools? Right now my can't live without tools are my ATG, my Silhouete Cameo, and my glass cutting mat 
Here's all my Social Media Links



Where do you Currently Live? Kansas City, MO
How Long Have you been doing Paper Crafts? 10 years...since right after I got married!
How long have you been on the design team for Practical Scrappers? 2 years...I think...time flies when you're having fun!
What are some of your favorite companies to play with? Stampin' Up!, My Mind's Eye, Becky Higgins Project Life, Echo Park
Why do you do paper crafts? It's my escape, my ME time.  With 2 little kids that I stay at home with every day, I need something for myself!  I also LOVE taking pictures and documenting our fun family moments!
How would you describe your style?  Quick, Easy and Cute!
What are some things we will see a lot of in your work?  Stamps!  Buttons!  Washi Tape...I have quite the collection!
What part of paper crafting is your favorite?  Documenting my family moments is fun but I think my favorite thing about paper crafting is the friends that I have made who share the same hobby with me!
What are your three favorite tools?  Stapler, Big Shot and Paper Piercing Tool
Have you been published anywhere?  Simply Handmade and CARDS magazine!
Do you design for any manufacturers or other blogs?  www.ssinkspiration.blogspot.com 
Here's all my Social Media Links

No comments: