Friday, November 12, 2010

Scraps--Storage Solutions...

Hello and welcome back to another edition of Storage Solutions at Practical Scrappers. This week I'm sharing different ways that you, Practical Scrappers, store all those bits of scraps that are just way too wonderful to toss.

Brenda keeps her storage simple. She uses large zip top baggies, one for each color family plus one for multi-colored scraps, and keeps them all in a file organizer she found at Target. She's found that sorting her scraps by color makes it much easier for her to use up her scraps for diecuts or other embellishments.


No Time to Stamp? has found that storing scraps in hanging folders works best for her.


This idea comes to us from Butterfly Fly. Such a cheap way to organize those scraps!!! So hold on to those gift boxes this holiday season. Just imagine, you can even use scraps to decorate the boxes!!!!

Then there is this terrific video I found that is from Joan of Emerald City Elegance.
She does a great job sharing an inexpensive practical way to store those scraps that we just can't part with!



If you have a great way to store, sort, or organize in your scrap room, please send us an email at practicalscrappersideas@gmail.com, we'd love to see your ideas at work! Thanks for joining us today at Practical Scrappers, practically scrapping in every way.

5 comments:

Noahsarkgirl said...

Love the storage ideas! I have my scraps in an accordain file that we had. I labeled each section by color, and love it. If I had many more scraps though, I'm not sure if they would fit in the anymore:)

Melissa said...

Some great ideas and I'm inspired to do a post about how I store my scraps. I've started a draft post and will link back to this article to give my readers other ideas! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Dawnll said...

Some great ideas to share! I just love the organizing

Debbi said...

Great ideas! I store my scraps by color in a 3-ring type 12X12" scrapbook album. The page protectors are clear and already hole-punched, which makes for easy sorting and searching.
*smiles*
debbi

Susanne said...

I put my scraps in folders in a bin so that I can flip through them too. I do the same thing for my Thickers alphabets. I use Debbi's idea above to store my flat alphabet stickers.