Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Challenge me Tuesday: Eyelets

Good Morning! Like many of you, when I first began scrapbooking I collected many different types of embellishments, including what seems like a ton of little metal do dads called eyelets. I've got round ones, heart shaped, stars, squares, would you believe even little trucks and airplanes? Despite such a large selection at my disposal, I still don't use the little things very often. Then we do a challenge like this, and the results often amaze me. I'm sure after seeing some of these next projects you'll be tempted to dig some out of your stash and play.

Kylie
Kylie loves setting eyelets as a form of stress relief, and by the look of this stunning page, she's one very calm lady these days!



Christine
Christine used Bella Blvd. papers from the Family Dynamix and Mr. Boy lines to create this sweet springlike page, her eyelets anchoring the photo corners.

Erin
 I used a variety of eyelets to fill in some of the holes created with my Fiskars Threading Water punch.

Debbie Bakk
 Reader Debbie Bakk sent us this beauty, with eyelets studding the circle of transparency, as well as the border strip on the right. Combining old treasures such as eyelets and new one like baker's twine is a sure way to bring new life to them.

Christine

Christine used eyelets on her tags that anchor her title as well as in the corners of her photo mat.

This brings us to this week's challenge item...

Twine!

We want to see your creative uses for this new trendy item, and we'll publish our favorites next week!
send your projects to : practicalscrapperslayouts(at)gmail(dot)com.


6 comments:

Tricia said...

While these are all wonderful layouts, I think it would be safe to say that Kylie is the eyelet queen! She rocked this challenge!

Christine said...

Seriously...you'll get no argument on that one!

Jodi said...

These are amazing ladies!!! You have all out done yourself!!

Scrapamum said...

Great job ladies! Loving all of the great creations!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great job, ladies. Kylie's is beyond inspiring .. love it!

JulieJ said...

My eyelets lie neglected at the bottom of my stash. When I bought my cropodile I gave away my hand tools to friends. Unfortunately I didn't check I could use the cropodile for eyelet setting and I have struggled. I now use it to punch holes and then leave them without eyelets :-(
Can anyone help with instructions/tips????