Monday, October 17, 2011

Challenge Me Tuesday : 5 stamps or more

**Next week, I want to see projects with pets! Document a favorite childhood pet, a current pet,  longing for a pet, loss of a pet. Maybe a card congratulating a new pet, or a pet birthday! get creative, and send them to: practicalscrapperslayouts@gmail.com

A friend of mine presented me with the idea recently that a stamp purchase could be justified if you take what you would consider a reasonable cost per use, and divide it into the overall cost of the stamp. If you could see yourself using the stamp that number of times, it is probably worth it. So let's say I could personally agree to spending 1 dollar per use ( how much would you agree to spend on a sticker you could only use once?) now take that sweet new stamp that I absolutely need, selling for say 14.99, realistically, I'd have to use that stamp 15 times to justify the purchase. Make sense? I thought so, until I looked into my stamp drawer and tried to calculate how long I'd be stamping in order to make myself feel better about the size of my collection...

Here are some projects that should be making some people feel like they are getting their money's worth!

I created this layout using a sketch from the Pencil Lines Blog by Anna Bjorklund. I used at least 12 stamps to create the pattern behind the photo, as well as for the journaling lines, and butterflies.

Practical Scrapper Fern used  exactly 5 stamps:
SU Background (canvas)
SU Fall Leaves
Scarecrow
Butterfly
Small leaves 

 Practical Scrapper Brenda used seven stamps plus some alphabet stamps on this page.
(Canvas background, leaf background, circle, stitching, buttonholes, zigzag stitching, and "Posted")


 Practical Scrapper Kristy's card uses 7 different stamps from Lawn Fawn's Ornate Ornaments set.


Practical Scrapper Bev

Practical Scrapper Pia used at least 10 stamps on her art journal page:
Cat head, legs, arms, word blocks - Zettiology
Grunge corners and dots in the key hole - Tim Holtz Stamper´s anonymous
Little swirl - Basic grey
Stems from the ground - Hella Bella (Swedish company)
"Winds of" - letters clear alpha stamps from a Swedish company, now closed.

Practical Scrapper Ann uses six on her Christmas card. The six stamps are - script background, then 3 on the navy piece (canvas background, overstamped little stars and the Joy stamp), the white focal word star and finally the tag stamped with the word peace. 

 Practical Scrapper Brenda

I don't know about all of you, but using this many stamps on a project makes me feel as if I should almost go and treat myself to a new one...
Happy Tuesday!

 **Designer projects are not always linked in our posts, but you can always find their blogs in our sidebar or in the staff tab**

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This CMT round was a lot of fun! Awesome projects everyone! /Pia

Laura C said...

Wow- I'm glad a friend told me about your blog - you have some amazing work here!

Christa said...

Wonderful examples of how stamping (and a great challenge) can make for gorgeous creations!