Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting Creative with Christmas Trees

Cathy is here today to share some cute little paper Christmas trees that are fast and easy to create!  They cute, whimsical little trees that kind of remind me of the trees you might find in Whoville.

 The first tree is made from Spellbinders Scalloped Circle Dies and The Girl's Paperie Tinsel and Twig line.  I loved the line so much that I wanted to make something special with the last bits that I had left.
 I used about 45 circles in all to create the tree, 9 pieces of each size.  After you have the circles cut, crumple them up.  Arrange your circles in the color order you would like, (double sided paper works best) and then starting with the largest circles, poke a hole in the middle and layer onto a BBQ Skewer.  I then hot glued the skewer into a vintage thread spool.  Topped it with a two snowflake chipboards from the Tinsel and Twig line.  After I had it all assembled, I sprayed it with spray adhesive and added glitter and micro beads. 


 This little tree is my favorite.  It is made from Echo Park's Season's Greetings line and Tim Holtz Rosette Dies.  I cut 3 rosettes of each size, assembled them, Tim Holtz Rosette Die Tutorial, and then stacked them onto another vintage spool.  They are glued with Ranger's Glossy Accents.  Inserted a pin topped with a rusty star, a cute little flag from Echo Park and a little bit of twine.



 Here's another Spellbinder Scallop Circle Tree made with vintage sheet music.  If you choose to use sheet music you will need approximately 80 circles.  I have also made this tree with old sewing patterns, since they are so thin, it takes close to 120 circles to make a tree. 


Pin It **Designer projects are not always linked in our posts, but you can always find their blogs in our sidebar or in the staff tab**

3 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Very cool trees!!

Random Memories said...

Great! I love 'em! I hope to make a rosette tree before end of the week.

Anonymous said...

Love them out of sheet music! hope I have time to make one before christmas!