Friday, June 8, 2012

Christmas in June? JOY Banner

Hello all you practical scrappers out there! I'm Corinna and I'm bringing you Christmas in June.  I made this simple JOY banner using Christmas ornaments from Walmart and ribbon from Dollar General added to my scrapping supplies.
 


I used a template I found online at How Does She to cut out my 3 pieces and then it was all about layering from that point.  My banner pieces are 5x7 and then I cut another piece of patterned paper 4x5 to layer on top of that.


From there I used a Glue Dot to attach the snowflake ornament in the middle and then the letters are popped up on top of the snowflakes.  I then layered on a couple strips of ribbon. 


All that was left to do was punch holes in the tops of them and run through some white tulle and some striped ribbon.  And there you have it! 


I must say it was pretty strange to have this hanging on my mantle when it was sunny and 85 degrees outside.  LOL

I really like the layered look from the side.

Anybody else out there in the mood to do a Christmas project?  :)

**Designer projects are not always linked in our posts, but you can always find their blogs in our sidebar or in the staff tab**

4 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Great banner! Every year I say I'm going to start my Christmas cards early and do a few each week, then I won't have a mad rush in November and/or December. I did get one done, but that's as far as I've gotten. If you want to see it check it out at http://www.kristiekreates.blogspot.com/2012/06/christmas-angel.html
Maybe I should pull out some of those Christmas stamps and papers and get started eh?

kraftyladyincali said...

Only you, my dear bobina, would make a Christmas banner in July. Xox love the 3d effect! Great job my darling!

kraftyladyincali said...

Only you, my dear bobina, would make a Christmas banner in July. Xox love the 3d effect! Great job my darling!

Unknown said...

Adorable. I love it...of course I love all of your stuff!