Monday, October 22, 2012

Cards and Layouts Using Word Bubble Phrases

When I think of those little word bubbles my mind immediately draws me back to my childhood of looking at my Wonder Woman comics and stealing my grandparents insert to "the funnies" in their Sunday newspaper. In all honestly here, I have never used a speech/word bubble on a card, layout, or any other project for that matter. It's hard to step away from using things in the way that you are use to seeing them, but if you are going to stay "on trend" you have to be willing to take that extra step. Check out how some of our designers used word bubbles to highlight their projects...

Practical Scrapper Julie add bubbles behind her title.
Practical Scrapper Wendi Robinson used bubble phrases to show her kids talking to each other

Practical Scrapper Claude cut out thought bubbles from patterned paper to emphasize the fact that her daughter loves to talk... a lot!

Practical Scrapper Jayma used Word Bubble stamps to create mini 3"x3" cards. This is a great way to use up your paper scraps!

Practical Scrapper Claude
 
**Designer projects are not always linked in our posts, but you can always find their blogs in our sidebar or in the staff tab**

1 comment:

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Readers:

Here is another example:
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/199877/view/3753889/-1/1.html