Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday with Christine: Scrapping your extended family

I married into a large family...my husband is one of 6 kids.  So that means lots and lots and lots of family photographs to scrap!  I have just one brother...so there isn't quite as much to do on my side...but it still is just as important to me to work on it and save up all those special memories for both sides.  I'm always on the hunt for new ways to document those stories, cute quotes to tell those stories, etc.  Today I thought I would share with you one of my favorite creations featuring extended family and bonus:  it includes both sides of the family!

This is a very PRACTICAL creation!  A Cousins family tree.

Here's the practical part...the base is a part of an old box...it was already that color, is nice and sturdy, and will hang up easily on a wall.  The other practical part is that the tree is just a piece of patterned paper from the Family Ties line from Pebbles.  I added some dimension and interest by using some tools from Epiphany Crafts, some basic twine, gems, trim,  and my white pen. All said, this home decor piece cost less than $10.00 to make.   My kids love, love, love to look at this fun project and discuss all their cool cousins!

Have you done a fun project showcasing your extended family?  Share it with us on our facebook wall so we can check it out!


3 comments:

Jean said...

Very cool!

apapelouca.blogspot.com said...

Grat idea beautiful project.

craftykellyj said...

Awesome Christine!! I love it!! I have a very big family too and I would love to make something like this.