Wednesday, October 16, 2013

All Hallow's Eve Card Box

Hello everyone!  Practical Scrapper Michelle James here with a spooky box of cards. I made this fun box in the shape of a coffin out of the All Hallow's Eve line from Moxxie.



The inside is lined with the bat paper and it houses five, scary, creepy cards.  I will be giving this as a gift to my friend who loves and almost lives for Halloween.  I just love to make her something each year.  It gives me great joy.  You can see the first card inside the box.  Here are the other four cards.






I got the pattern from the Martha Stewart website.  You can find it Here.  Then after I made the box I printed a second pattern for the box bottom.  I used only the inside portion to make a pattern for the cards.  They fold at the top and are 6" long.  So I used a sheet of 12x12 paper folded in half.  I placed the pattern on the portion of the paper I wanted to use and cut out the card leaving the fold at the top in tact.  Then I used some of the stickers and die cuts from the line to just add a little embellishment to each one.  I didn't want to add too much to take away from the designs of the paper.  They are so perfect on their own.  


I hope my friend will love it as much as I do.  Otherwise I will just have to take it back.  LOL!  

This is what I gave her last year.  I used the same paper and covered a paper mache house.  


Fun, right?  She LOVED it.  

Happy Halloween everyone!
Michelle


1 comment:

Rhonda Emery said...

awesome I love this and your house is amazing also. hugs