Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kerri's Top 10 of 2011

Erin and Christine had some fabulous inspiration over this past year, and like Erin I found a few common threads between all of my top 10 favorite projects throughout this year. What I found was 1.) I used a lot of Crate Paper lines 2.) They were gifts for other people and 3.) I really had a lot of fun making shaped cards. I can honestly say I stayed true to my scrappy self spending more time on things for other people than myself, using what I love most, and pushing my creative limits by stepping out from the norm. Here's my top 10 favorite projects of 2011, some have been seen on Practical Scrappers and some I haven't shared yet...hope you enjoy!

#10.)
This card here I made for a friend of mine after having a discussion on the telephone about where all the real "prince charmings" are...she enjoyed it quite immensely and it was also featured on the CARDS challenge blog for the shaped animal cards challenge.


#9)
This was one of two treat containers I made for my kids teachers for Halloween gifts that I filled with some sugar cookies on sticks for a little spooky cookie treat!


#8.)

This was an altered mini album I made myself featuring Crate Paper's Snow Day Collection.

#7.)
Like Christine, I also had a favorite from our Bella Blvd feature.  I am forever trying to  finish this Disney album, and the bright bold colors in the Family Dynamix line that we got to play with took me right back to the mouse.

#6.)
Here's another Crate Paper project as well, but what was most fun about this one was that it was one of our Frugal Finds features using popsicle sticks.  I got a little crazy with popsicle sticks and did 4 projects for it.  I loved them all, but this was my favorite from that feature.
#5.)
This one was seen during our feature on suns and clouds, but this one was for my little cousin who turned three and is a huge Wizard of Oz fan (so much that she got a matching pair of ruby slippers to go with her card).

#4.)
This one has not been seen yet, only because I just made it and gave it to my god mother for her Christmas gift when I saw her the day after Christmas.  Now, I cannot take credit for this creation because I was inspired by Practical Scrapper Jayma (who you can check out here), who create her lovely ornament with her Cricut.  I went smaller and used one of my new Die-namics rolled paper roses dies.  Thanks Jamya for helping in the gift giving department this Christmas!

#3.)

Another gift for a friend who I made this altered frame, mini album for baby's first year, and card all from Crate Paper's Little Sprout Collection.

#2.)
This one should not come as a shock to anyone who know me, and know how much I love to create for Halloween.  Falling into my shaped card trend, I could not resist making a witch's boot when when I got my hands on the Authentique Glowing Collection.
#1.)

My favorite project of the year hands down was this one that I shared at the start our card contest.  This card fell into all three of my trends, it was made with Crate Paper Blue Hill Collection, it's a shaped card, and it was made for a very special friend who is fighting a strong battle of breast cancer.

Hope you enjoyed my favorite projects of 2011...stay tuned tomorrow to see our designers favorite cards they've made this year!

Pin It **Designer projects are not always linked in our posts, but you can always find their blogs in our sidebar or in the staff tab**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE Your projects!!! :-)

Jayma Malme said...

These are all so fun! I LOVE how your ornament turned out, glad I could inspire you :)
~Jayma