Thursday, April 5, 2012

Acrylic/Chipboard Mini Album ~ Practical Scrapper Fern

Hello everyone!!  Practical Scrapper Fern here, and today I'm going to try to inspire you with this 8" x 8" Acrylic/Chipboard Mini Album that I've created.  It originally came as a kit that I bought from Clear Scraps about 8 months ago, but I wasn't happy with the papers in the kit, so instead I decided to use up some of my stash so I used some "old" Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay Designer Series Paper along with a few embellishments I had on hand...

Here's a look at the front cover with the edges of the other pages peeking out...  The first page is an acrylic which I blotted Alcohol Ink (Stream and Caramel) around the edges.  I then took Jet Black StazOn and sponged around the edge to make it stand out.  The die cut along the straight edge, title, and chipboard flourish are all from the original kit.  I added the Prima Flower, 3-D Sticker, Scallop Oval under the title and the Pearls...  A few of the ribbon I tied on the rings also came with the kit, but  I also added some from my stash..

Back side of 1st Page, I added a Spellbinders Fancy Tag, 3-D Sticker, and a flower with gemstone center..

2nd Page (Chipboard) ~ Paper is Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay DSP sponged with Jet Black StazOn and then with Bermuda Bay SU Ink, Photo Frame is - SU Black CS, and SU Soft Sky CS brayered with SU Bermuda Bay Ink.  Decorative edge made with MS Doily Lace Trim Deep Edge Punch.  The flourish and 3 little black flowers were from the kit.  I had to add my own centers to the flowers.

 
Back side of 2nd Page ~ Paper is SU Bermuda Bay DSP sponged with Jet Black StazOn Ink and SU Bermuda Bay Ink,  Photo Frame is SU Basic Black CS and SU Soft Sky CS brayered with SU Bermuda Bay Ink.  Added SU Ribbon, Flower from stash and a Dusty Attic Chipboard Flourish.

3rd Page (Acrylic)  ~ I used Alcohol Inks (Stream and Caramel) around the edges and then sponged with Jet Black StazOn and SU Bermuda Bay Ink.  I used Ice White Pearl Pen around edges.  Photo frame is SU Basic Black CS and SU Bermuda Bay DSP and then I added a Chipboard frame (sponged with Jet Black StazOn) over that.  Added a 3-D Sticker, 2 flowers folded over with gemstone center.

Back side of page 3 -  Photo frame is SU Basic Black CS and BoBunny Gabrielle 6x6 Collection.  Added a 3-D Sticker and a crochet flower with a pearl for the center...
4th Page (Chipboard)  ~ I used 2 different sheets from the SU Bermuda Bay DSP and then used SU Ribbon over the seam.  Sponged the edges with Jet Black StazOn Ink and SU Bermuda Bay Ink.  I used one of my fancy Photo Frames (not for sure where it came from) brayered with SU Bermuda Bay Ink.   Added a flower sponged with Bermuda Bay Ink and layered it with a black metal heart and cameo.

Back side of Page 4 ~ I used 2 different sheets from the SU Bermuda Bay DSP and then used SU Ribbon over the seam. Sponged the edges with Jet Black StazOn Ink and SU Bermuda Bay Ink.  Cut out an oval frame using my Cutter Bee Curvy Cutter out of SU Basic Black CS and SU Bermuda Bay DSP, added a satin  s e i  ribbon and Dusty Attic Chipboard Flourish sponged with Jet Black StazOn.

Page 5 (Acrylic)  ~ I covered the whole page with Alcohol Inks (Stream and Caramel), sponged the edges with Jet Black StazOn and SU Bermuda Bay Ink.  The background die cut piece came with the kit, I added the black die cut and the white frame.  I also added the 3-D Sticker and the Prima Flower.

Back Cover ~ SU Basic Black CS edged with the MS Vintage Floral Border/ Corner Punch, Oval Heart Chipboard Frame from Unique Pages, SU Bermuda Bay CS and Stick On Letters.

I had so much fun decorating this mini album and I hope maybe I've inspired you to try one yourself.  If you want more inspiration on different types of albums you can check out my blog under the "My Mini Album" tag at the top.  Believe me, I'm no pro at this, but I have done a few... and if I can help you in any way just let me know..  We are all here to learn and have FUN!!!

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure and check back tomorrow to see what we have in store for you!!

Have a wonderful day!!
  
Pin It **Designer projects are not always linked in our posts, but you can always find their blogs in our sidebar or in the staff tab**

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

What an absolutely gorgeous album. Love the colors you chose, the design, the layouts, just everything. It's beautiful!