Thursday, May 17, 2012

Layout make over

Hi, this is Practical Scrapper Carolina Garrido.  Today, I'd like to show you a page makeover. I will start with this page that I created not long ago:


I believe in not looking back on layouts once you have created them, otherwise they never get to the albums and I have way too many pictures to scrap. However, for some reason (procrastination? laziness? never being able to put layouts straight into albums when I finish them? does that happen to any of you, too?) this page has been on my desk since I made it, and that has given me the chance to look at it again and again. And every time I did, I had mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I love the idea of the tags and the photo with the two girls replacing tag number two. I love the banner below and the title on it. On the other hand, I hated the background, those paint stains that did not go well with the design, or were not well placed, or somehow did not look well on this paper. And the background in general didn't look attractive to me. So, I took my favourite part form the layout and created a different background.


I still wanted to go with the chevron theme, so I created a chevron background using decorative tape and then put my favourite part from the other layout on it. And yes, I made the complete background only to cover it with the corrugated cardstock. This happens to me all the time, and I always say it won't happen again (does this also happen to you, too?).



I love the fresh look of the decorative tape chevrons, and although this is not one of my best layouts, it is good enough to go into my albums and bring a smile to my face when I look at it again in the future.

Before I leave you to play with your decorative tapes (I'm sure your hands are itching to go and create with them right now), I would like to share some good news with you. As you may have heard, Scrapbook News and Review is almost ready to launch The Art Studio, a virtual classroom with tons of wonderful classes. I am very happy to announce I will be one of their instructors, and I am getting a class I LOVE ready. I am having so much fun creating it, I know people who join it will have fun, too. And because I am a huge fan of Practical Scrappers, I will be giving away one free seat to my class exclusively among Practical Scrappers readers, plus a discount code for any Practical Scrapper reader who would like to join the class. Please check back on June 1st for both the giveaway and the code, plus more detailed info on the class. Thanks for stopping by to check this post, enjoy your weekend and have fun scrapping!


**Designer projects are not always linked in our posts, but you can always find their blogs in our sidebar or in the staff tab**

1 comment:

Kristie Maynard said...

I liked the first layout when I saw it, very clever with the 1 2 3 tags! But then I scrolled down and saw the 2nd layout and love that one even more. Great layout, either way!