Friday, December 21, 2012

Frugal Finds: Holiday Decor

We love our frugal finds feature because it is so fun to see what creative ideas our designers come up with! One of my favorites was our feature using holiday decor.  In fact I liked it so much that I decided we should do it again this year!  Today I am going to share with you some brand new projects as well as the ones from last year.  I think you may just be inspired to hang on to some of those leftovers!


Practical Scrapper Patty used ornament hooks to create the heart accent, a snowflake ornament to frame part of the photo and three candy cane covers as embellishments.

Practical Scrapper Sarah used a tiny leftover box of Nerds candy to create a wrapped gift for her Very Merry table display.

Practical Scrapper Leslii sewed gold ornament hooks around this Christmas card to create a shiny border.

Practical Scrapper Christine decided to play with tinsel and see what she could come up with.  She laid down a whole bunch of tacky glue on her heart and then laid rows of tinsel down.  Afterwards she trimmed the edges.  She also found there were spots she had to give it a haircut :) to make it all lay correctly.

This year I decided to make Christmas jammies for the whole family, but I only started sewing a month ago, so I bought WAYYYYYYY too much fabric. Enough to make not only jammies but cushion covers, banners, and now create fabric hearts for my layout (the brownish hearts are made from Santa's beard!!!).

I picked up a box of these snowflake ornaments last year, a box of 12 for a $1.00.  They are super light weight, thin and glittery...perfect for all types of paper crafting!


No comments: