Thursday, January 24, 2013

Make your Jewelery Hanger with Janice

Howdy Y'all!  Practical Scrapper Janice here to show you how you can turn a dollar frame in to a 
Jewelry Hanger. 



After seeing my daughter earring tree, I just knew I could make something way more fun and exciting.  This is one of the cutest and fast crafts I have came up with. I am so happy to share it with everyone. 

Supplies needed:




Wood Frame ( Micheals dollar spot)
Any Paper 
Window Screen
White Hooks ( Walmart like 12 for 97cents)
Hot Glue Gun.



These cute frames come in all shapes and sizes. To be honest I bough the heart shaped to decorate with a photo of my hubby in it.... but this is way more fun..Shhhhh.. :)



So to start off take the cardboard shape out of the picture window. This you will use to cut out the same size screen. Be careful when cutting the screen it can cut you. 

Once you have your paper of choice you just use glue to adhere it down no worry about cutting it perfect as long as you cover the frame. Then what I did, when it was dry, was cut by take a sanding block and sand the edges and the inside of the heart to cut around it. 




Paint the inside edges of the heart and around the out side. I would paint first then glue down your paper. I made the mistake and painted after. 


This is my cover up job, I decorated with twine to cover a big fat orange finger print that I smeared while trying to wipe off. 


Next hot glue the screen heart in the frame window.

Last decorate with all the trimmings you want. But before you are done, measure and screw in the white hooks for your bracelets and necklaces. 




To finish the project I created paper beads and made earrings and bracelets with them. 

I hope the next time you see these wood frames you won't pass them up just thinking you can paint on them, the possibilities are endless. I hope you enjoyed my jewelry holder.

Thanks Janice 

4 comments:

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Very clever idea! What a great gift idea too. Love your Jewelry hanger. TFS. :)

craftykellyj said...

How cool and fun! What a great project!

Rhonda Emery said...

this is such a pretty and great idea. hugs

Unknown said...

What a neat idea! I will be making some for gifts in the near future! Thanks for the idea!