Hi Practical Scrappers! Christine here today to start a new regular feature where I come and visit with you each week. I'm the site owner here at Practical Scrappers and have been since day one. A lot has changed here over the years but the consistent gorgeous inspiration and ideas from our fabulous teams has not!
This week I thought I'd share with you some things that I am loving right now!
1. First up is my Signo Uni-Ball White Pen. I literally looked for this pen for years when I visited stores. I know, I know, I could have ordered it online but I really like to give business to local stores. When I went into The Scrapbooking Studio in Bloomington, IL they had it. I bought it on my first visit and have since bought a second one because I use it all the time!
Here is a layout I recently created for The Scrapbooking Studio using that pen and The Love Story line from Echo Park.
2. I am also loving two page layouts. Trends in the industry have taken us away from two page layouts but let's be honest here...they are very PRACTICAL. They incorporate a lot of pictures and give you the chance to tell more of a full story than you might get in a one pager. Here is a favorite that I recently created.
3. I purchased a silhouette cameo shortly after Christmas. I can't get over how easy it is to use and all the fun cuts available. I love that it cuts out all kinds of neat card bases for you too. This is a card that I created using that and again some more from the Love Story line from Echo Park. And yes, there is some more of that white pen :)
4. Have you seen the phrase cards that Pebbles has begun putting out with each line? I am constantly pinning cute scrapbookable (is that a word?) quotes on pinterest. Pebbles has done an awesome job of putting a lot of those types of quotes into cute 4 X 6 pads. I used one in the two page layout above and here's another couple layouts using them.
5. I love to make patterned paper last for as many projects as I can...especially if it a paper that I just really love. One way I do that is using smaller strips of it on projects. I love to create borders and layers with those smaller strips and one of my favorite borders to create right now is a mitered border.
For this particular layout I used the border strips that come on the bottom of the patterned paper from American Crafts, Pebbles, and Studio Calico. Wanna know how I did it? I have a little tutorial over on my blog...it's a quick and easy technique.
6. One more thing that I am loving and using constantly right now...wood veneer shapes from Studio Calico. I especially love the scallop circle set.
So what are some of your go to items or techniques right now as you create? Share them with me...you just might inspire a future article! Have a great week Practical Scrappers!