Saturday, April 6, 2013

Saturday with Christine

As you saw yesterday several of our designers have taken their own spin on Project Life.  Today I thought I would share with you my approach.  

When I first started scrapbooking I wanted to preserve the little memories.  I knew I wouldn't forget about the big stuff...but it's the little special moments that are so easily lost.  Lately, especially since having my fourth child I feel like I'm losing those memories long before I get them commited to a page.  

I've always admired the approach to Project Life but for me and my schedule I knew I couldn't keep up with it on a weekly basis (trust me I tried Project 365 and failed about 9 months in....).  With so many companies creating cute little journaling cards and phrase cards I knew I could make a similar concept work in my favor and save more memories that way.

Every couple days I grab a few journaling cards and jot down anything that has happened that I want to remember.  I also have been writing down things about who we are right now (favorite tv shows, etc).  I then add those into my page protectors.  I also am taking pictures that may not be quite layout worthy, are not enough for a layout into the page protectors.  I try to correlate the pictures with the journalling...it doesn't always happen though.

Here's a sample of what one of my spreads looks like:

Some of my favorite stories from the last month are recorded here.  
Here's a couple of rules I made for myself:
1) In addition to the journalling/phrase cards I am only using scraps....I will not cut into a new sheet of paper
2) Keep the page coordinated...so once I commit to a journalling card I try to still stay within that color set up.
3) Do not include any photos that I intend to scrapbook later.  For instance the picture of my baby in the bumbo playing....this is a regular part of his routine but I don't have a desire to do a layout all about it.
4) Write about myself and my hubby too - not just the kids!

So that's my spin on Project Life...no weeks, just lots of quick memories documented before they are gone! Are you doing Project Life in a traditional way or a nontraditional way?  I would love for you to share it with me on our facebook wall!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


No comments: