Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Mother's Love

With Mother's day rapidly approaching I wanted to share a layout I created with the only photograph I have of my Mother and I when I was a baby.  Yes, that's right the only photo I have of us!  (They did not have a camera when I was a baby)  I think this single fact might have made me into the crazy scrapbooker I am today! 
 I love to use a sewing machine on my layouts and this layout seemed even more perfect since my mom taught me how to sew and bought me my first sewing machine! 
  I added some stitch details and also created a pocket by zigzag stitching three sides of a rectangle!  
The pocket contains my journaling.  I had a lot to say and did not want it to take over my layout so I decided to hide it in a pretty pocket!  
In several places on this layout you will notice these pretty ruffles as well.  These are actually coffee filters!  I folded the circle several times, trimmed it, punched one hole and opened it out.  It created the perfect accent to this picture! 
I had fun playing with the accents that brought the page together!  Try adding some stitching, a pocket, or some coffee filter ruffles to your next layout!  And take some time this Mother's Day to remember all that your Mother has done for you and find a way to say thanks! 

2 comments:

Krisha said...

What a very special LO!! I am going to try the coffee filter lace, it way less bulky than regular gathered lace!! Thanks for sharing this special picture and LO

Jean said...

Love this!