I've decided to use my silks for the 1st time, so please be lenient, as it is my first try with those paints, but I love the result.
1. You will need some Gesso, gloss gel, modeling paste and mask (if you want to add more dimension), silks acrylic glaze, inka gold and mists.
2. Cover your box with some gesso and let it dry.
3. Glue your embellishments on your box. I've used a glue gun to make sure that everything is well glued. 4. Put another coat of gesso and 5. then gloss gel and 6. some mists that you can dry with paper towel. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of those 3 steps, but it is really important to make sure that it is well dry before to do the next step.
6. When your gloss gel is dry, add your silks. In this case, I've used 5 different colors and I did not wait between each color in order to melt them well.
7. When everything is dry, you can add some inka gold that will highlight some of your details. I have used some grey for that.
8. Here's the final result.
9. and the inside of the box with all my pins.