Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dressforms Everywhere

Dressforms have been popular for years in the art and fashion world.... and they continue to be trendy, especially in the crafting community! Dressforms are everywhere you look – stamps, patterned papers, die cuts, chipboard, fabric, on and on. I normally add dressforms to my layouts and cards as embellishments. Then recently I received this large intricate Blue Fern Studios dressform from Scraptown Lady. I decided to make this dressform the center piece for my project instead of an embellishment.

So here is the dressform canvas I want to share with you today!

The background is a collage of Graphic45 papers. I used Graphic45 tags, fussy cut Graphic45 clocks, and die cut flowers for embellishments. The dressform is chipboard and I painted it bronze and black. I was going to add folded papers and ribbons to the dressform (to make a “dress”), but the dressform is so beautiful on its own that I decided minimal was better to show it off!

How have you used dressforms in your projects recently?

Thanks for stopping by!  Dawn Rene with Designs By Dawn Rene
Dressform Canvas - Designs By Dawn Rene

Dressform Canvas - Designs By Dawn Rene CU


Supplies
Scraptown Lady – Graphic45, A Ladies’ Diary Collection – Moment In Time
Scraptown Lady – Graphic45, A Ladies’ Diary Collection – Focal Point
Scraptown Lady – Graphic45, A Ladies’ Diary Collection – La Gazette
Scraptown Lady – Graphic45, A Ladies’ Diary Collection – Timeless Memoir
Scraptown Lady – Graphic45, A Ladies’ Diary Collection – Fashion Plates
Scraptown Lady – Graphic45, A Ladies’ Diary Collection – Lasting Impressions
Scraptown Lady – Graphic45, A Ladies’ Diary Collection – Tags 1
Scraptown Lady – Blue Fern Studios, Sweetheart Dress Form
Scraptown Lady – My Favorite Things, Die-Namics Mini Royal Roses
Scraptown Lady – Kaisercraft Pearls, Latte
Lovebug Creations – Simply Black Ribbon, Just the Basics Collection
Tim Holtz' Distress Inks
Cricut Art Philosophy Die Cuts
Canvas, Cardstock, Lace, Gesso, Mod Podge

2 comments:

LisaM said...

Gorgeous!

RebeccaB said...

Hi. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog :-) I love potty people too and will try to put them on another freebie sometime. I also love dress forms too. I've cut quite a few with my silhouette cameo. RebeccaB