Thursday, November 21, 2013

Festive Gifts!



Hello Practical Scrapper Michelle James here today with a fun little gift project.  I was paroozing on Pinterest not too long ago and came across these little guys I had pinned some time ago.  They are super cute and I knew they would be a perfect stocking stuffer or great for co-worker or teacher gifts.  You can see the link to her tutorial here.  She is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator which is great but I did not have any of the Stampin' Up punches she used to make the fun Grinch guy.  So I needed to come up with my own.

Grinch Candy Bar

I made a couple of snowman bars too.  This is how mine turned out.  Cute, right?


 I went to my Cricut for help.  These are the pieces I came up with for the Grinch bar.


The circles & the rectangle were cut using either the Plantin Schoolbook or a hole punch and the green scroll tag was cut using Storybook.  I used  Moxxie's Party at the Pole to cover the Heath bar.  The little eyebrows I just cut by hand out of black paper.


I also used a circle and a black scallop circle and the Grinch's nose is a portion of a cut from Storybook.  I just looked through the booklet that comes with the cartridge until I found a shape that looked similar to the nose I needed. This was a small piece that I cut from a larger shape but it fit the bill.



For the snowman, the hat, mittens and heart (I did not use the heart) were cut using the Winter Woodland cartridge. They were sized at 6 inches because when you cut them they all cut together. The two scallop circles were cut using Storybook.  They are 1 1/4 inches and 2 inches.  The paper to cover the Heath bar is from Moxxie's Party at the Pole line.  I thought it was perfect for this.  Then I used some Dew Drops from Robin's Nest for the buttons and some Kaisercraft pearls for the band on the hat and one bling for the tip of the hat.  I guess I did not include that in the photo.  I cut a little carrot nose by hand from some orange scraps.


 I just assembled them by following her photo and drew on the mouth with the photo pen (fine tip).  Her bars included a fun saying from Stampin' Up but I did not have that either.  So I found the Grinch Pills poem on Pinterest and changed it to work with a candy bar.  It reads:  "Grinch Bar - Felling kinda grouchy? Holiday spirit can't be found?  Try this little Grinch Bar it's the best medicine around.  Whether you are eating the whole thing or just a bite or two, this tasty little bar will take the Grinch right out of you!"



I inked all of my edges with Powder Puff inks from Quick Quotes.  I think they turned out adorable and I can't wait to give them away.  I hope you like them too.


Until next time,
Michelle James

No comments: