Thursday, December 15, 2011

Altered Charger Plate

Do you need a quick, last minute project?  Are you as short on time as me? I direct a children's Christmas musical and that has eaten away at a lot of my crafty time!  I needed a quick gift that still had that "wow" factor.  Sometimes I am just amazed with what you can do with papercrafting supplies and other items you have on hand.  I had purchased a couple of charger plates to have on hand and decided to decorate one of those and make it into a cute winter decoration.  I went with a red plate and used silver letters from Momenta and snowflake stickers also from Momenta.  I measured carefully to make sure my letters were straight and even (quite a task on a circle!) and after placing those on added the snowflakes and gems randomly throughout.  To get started I followed the triangle rule of design and did my big snowflakes in a couple triangles first, then from there it was completely random.  


Pin It **Designer projects are not always linked in our posts, but you can always find their blogs in our sidebar or in the staff tab**

No comments: