Friday, May 18, 2012

Acrylic Heritage/Vintage Layout or Wall Hanging?



Hi everyone!!!  Practical Scrapper Fern here to show you a layout that's just a little different than my usual style...  it's an Acrylic Layout.  This was sooo easy to make even though I was intimidated at first.  I'm going to run through the steps for you so you won't be as intimidated or scared as I was. 

 First of all I purchased the acrylic page from Clear Scraps..  Be sure and take the protection film off of both sides before you start creating...

Next I used .. StazOn Opaque - Cotton White Ink and inked the edges and then stamped the swirls with a Prima Stamp using the same ink.  I use the StazOn because it dries very fast on its own and you don't need to use your heat gun..

And then I just layered a couple of doilies... One I left plain and the other I sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.. 

Added a Prima Pixie Vine, Prima Shabby Chic Treasures Resin Bridge, Lace Ribbon, Prima Say It In Pearls, a couple of stick pins with Crystal Beads, and some stick on letters/numbers...

And there you have it...

Okay, maybe not... After I finished this I decided I wanted to hang this on my wall.  So, I added some brown cardstock, ribbon to hang it with and some lace around the edges... and wanted to share this photo with you as well...  with the colored wall and brown cardstock it does stand out very nicely!! 


I hope you will give this a try, it's different, fun and really easy to put together, and the results are so pretty... 

Thank you so much for dropping by..
Have a great day and happy scrapping!!



**Designer projects are not always linked in our posts, but you can always find their blogs in our sidebar or in the staff tab**

No comments: