Thursday, July 12, 2012

Altered Art Frame & Toothpicks

Up today at Practical Scrappers we have one of our brand new design team members, Kimberly, to share with you an altered art frame.  Please give her a warm welcome as she shares the first of many projects to come.  Without further ado, here is Kimberly...

One of my favorite things to play with is a frame or a home decor project.  My LSS just started to carry these wonderful easel frames.   I couldn't wait to decorate one.  Here is a photo of the supplies I used and the naked frame.
I used all Glitz Design Products from their Vintage Blue Collection.  I also added 3 toothpicks, since I wanted to add a little something to yesterday's post regarding Frugal finds.  Please check out yesterday's post too.  The other products I used which are not pictured:  2 Maya Road mini Spools, and Tim Holtz distress tea dye ink, faded jeans distress stain and his dies.

Here are a few photos of my finished frame.





The tooth picks worked out perfectly for my homemade banners!  



**Designer projects are not always linked in our posts, but you can always find their blogs in our sidebar or in the staff tab**

5 comments:

Sarah C said...

What a gorgeous altered frame! Great colors and really cool elements. Lovely job!

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

Kimberly...this is just gorgeous!!!

Patrice said...

Wow, what a great idea...THAT's something I will definitely use! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Kristie Maynard said...

Welcome Kimberly! Your frames are wonderful! Great job on this project. Can't wait to see what else youwill be showing us. Thanks!

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Beautiful frames with wonderful details! What a great project, and so glad to have you here at Practical Scrappers!