Friday, January 18, 2013

Quick Quotes Layout by Michelle

Hello everyone!  Practical Scrapper Michelle here with a fun layout.  My son Ian and his girlfriend Hailey were home for Thanksgiving and they let me take some photos of them together.  They even dressed up for the occasion.  I was beyond thrilled.  They live almost three hours away so getting pictures doesn't happen very often. 

I used the Miss Morgan line from Quick Quotes because I love it and I had it in my scrap room.  I was  saving it for just the right photos  You know how that is right?  I thought it was perfect for these pictures. And, the colors are perfect for Valentine's Day.   

I stitched some of the little pieces onto the page with my sewing machine and used vellum for the title, and the date.  These I printed on my computer.  The saying is one of the vellum quotes by Quick Quotes.

The ribbons were also stitched to the paper and I added some bling by each piece.  


The flowers were cut with the Cricut (Accent Essentials) using papers from the same line and some solid Bazzill.  I also used the same grosgrain ribbon in the clusters as I did in the stitched ribbon border.

 

The brown swirls were cut with the Storybook cartridge.  Then, I added more bling to the flowers. I used mounting tape to adhere some of the flowers.  I love the way it adds dimension to the page  Oh, and I am an inkaholic so I used the Mocha Mama Powder Puff ink also from Quick Quotes for all of the edges.

I love the way it turned out.  I can't wait for them to come back again so I can shoot a few more photos.

I am glad you stopped by today. 

Until next time,
Michelle

5 comments:

PeggyStolley said...

Absolutely beautiful page!

Unknown said...

I love the colors in this layout!

Jean said...

Love the flowers!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

This is just gorgeous!!! I LOVE your papers too! That line is one my favorites from Quick Quotes!

Krafthead said...

Such a precious layout!