Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Little Bit of Digital

Hi everyone.  Practical Scrapper Michelle here with a post about digital.  I started digital scrapbooking in 2010 when I decided I wanted to teach some digital classes at my store.  The best thing I ever did was purchase Patty Debowski's book about Photoshop Elements.  You can find her latest book at thedigitalscrapbookingteacher.com.

Photoshop Elements Basics & Beyond Book by Patty Debowski

I wanted to learn Photoshop Elements instead of purchasing a company digital scrapbooking software program.  I knew I would use it for many other things like Wedding Invitations and cards.  I wanted the program to be versatile.  Not just for scrapbooing.  If you do not have Photoshop Elements you can get a free 30 day trial through Adobe.  I use version 7 of elements but I believe they just came out with version 11 not too long ago.  So, many changes but I am happy with the version I have.

Here are a couple of pages I have created digitally.



Cute don't you think?  I love them.  These kits are from Digital Scrapbook Studio.  

The best way to get started is to take some classes.  If your LSS offers digital classes by all means go there.  We need to support all of the local stores.  But if they don't, then check out Patty's site, thedigitalscrapbookteacher.com and jessicasprague.com.  Both have awesome classes you can purchase and fun products and kits too.  

The last couple of years I have even designed my Christmas card digitally, printed it and sent it out.  This one is from two years ago.  

Front:

Back:

This was from last Christmas.  Front:

Back:


When I started teaching class I wanted to have a kit to offer to my students to use in class that they could take home with them.  I believe there are all sorts of rules to use other designers kits in this way so I designed my own.  I created this kit using pink, green and brown, the combined favorite colors of my friend Peggy and me. So, this is my Micheggy kit!  I am very new to designing kits. But I had a lot of fun doing it.  I came up with ICI Designs (Imagine, Create, Inspire) because that was the tagline from my store.  So, if you would like to try your hand at digital scrapbooking please feel free to download this kit and make a page. I think you will have just as much fun learning digital scrapbooking as I have.  



Also included with the elements are a paper clip and two bookplates not shown in the picture above.

I hope you have enjoyed my digital post.
  
Until next time,
Michelle



2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great information - thanks for sharing!

LisaM said...

Way to rock the digi world Michelle! Beautiful work!