Wednesday, June 12, 2013

In with the Old AND In with the New!

I know, I know the old saying goes 
"Out with the Old and in with the new."  
That seems to be the standard but here at Practical Scrappers we like to be a little more, well, practical, and use our stash.  Today, I hope to show you that you can incorporate both old and new elements into a layout and the result can be perfect!   
We all love the new collections that come out throughout the year and can't wait to get our hands on them.  I am super guilty of this, and because I have been doing this for so long, I have enough supplies to open my own store two times over!  So, this layout incorporates some new patterned paper, wood accents and washi tape and some new stickers.  It also includes some old vellum, acetate and felt flowers, Scrabble letters, and epoxy stickers.  
I created the sunburst with triangles of paper scraps.
Here you can see the old and the new working seamlessly together!
The burlap is a newer idea and I layered some older accents to create a focal point in the corner!  
So take out those old supplies, dust them off and find a way to incorporate them in your next layout!  
   

1 comment:

Lisa P said...

If you can open a store two times over than we together ought to have one of the biggest lss' out there! Time to use my stash. :)