Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Home Decor Halloween Wreath

Hi Everyone,
Practical Scrapper Mary Pat here with you today and I have a home decor Halloween wreath to share with you.  This is a wonderful and very easy way to used up all your Halloween scraps that you might have.  I made a Bat Wreath.
To make this fun wreath I bought a grapevine wreath at a local hobby store and some fun ribbon.  I then used my Silhouette and found a very cute and easy bat die cut image. I am sure if you have a Cricut you will be able to find a similar image.    I then cut  out close to 50 bats in different pattern paper.  I used the All Hallow's Eve collection from Moxxie  Using my glue gun I randomly glued my bats to the wreath. Yes, I went through 3 glue sticks on this baby!  I wanted to make sure that the bats weren't going to fly away! LOL!!  I totally don't want bats in my house!   I then added a large bow at the bottom of the wreath.  This wreath is on my mantle for the holiday.

As a side project, you can cut out the extra Bats and a give them to your kids and they can make a little crafty project as it gets closer to Halloween.  I don't know about you but my kids LOVE to craft with me!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed my wreath.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp


**Designer projects are not always linked in our posts, but you can always find their blogs in our sidebar or in the staff tab**

3 comments:

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

This is super cute and looks like a fun family project that I can do with my kids! Thanks so much for sharing!

mamawcindy said...

Oh, I Love your Bat Wreath! I have been wanting to make a Halloween Wreath and yours is Awesome! Thanks for Sharing! :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I was able to create some good looking photo frames of my own last Halloween. Everything was made of scrap and they still looked good as new.