Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy Fall, Y'all!

Hi! I'm Practical Scrapper Wendy Coffman from Stamping Rules!, here with a fun Fall project for y'all.  When I found this chevron print burlap canvas I knew it would be perfect for a pretty scrappy door "wreath", which is ready to start hanging around on my front door now that Fall is really here. I had originally planned to make it more Halloween themed, but then I saw the Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World and I was immediately inspired to change my whole game plan. We still have a lot of green around in fall up here in the PacNW...plus if you've seen my work before, you know I don't need much encouragement to add glitter and flowers to any project! 
So I hit my stash pretty hard for this project, using up bits and bobs of all kinds of materials to build my flowers. I've got a bit of chocolate felt border that I rolled up into a sweet rose. Layers of garden green and cream cardstock that I cut on my Cricut to layer into the biggest flowers, topped off with bling. I also cut the beige linen patterned paper and yellow cardstock for the 3-D rolled flowers on my Cricut. The leaves and vines are felt. I filled the rolled flowers with glitter and rhinestones, and tucked a little felt acorn in amongst the flowers and bling. I backed the wreath with a few layers of black tulle. 
I cut my sentiment on the Cricut as well, using a deep brown glitter paper. The upper letters are layered onto a cork diecut frame.  Most of the materials to build my wreath came from Close To My Heart. I found the burlap canvas at Joann's.  The sequins are from American Crafts. I attached everything using my hot glue gun so it'll be good and sturdy hanging on my sheltered front door. 

Now it's time to head off for another week of apple picking, sweater wearing, pumpkin spice everything fun. Happy Fall, Y'all!



1 comment: