Friday, December 20, 2013

Treat Holders With A Spin

Hi Fellow Scrappers!

Kenya here to share a project with you all. I don't know about you, but time is moving so quickly, I can barely keep up! Usually, I make treat bags for the students to help them get into the holiday season. However, I did not have the oomph to do it this year. I decided to make one "big" treat holder (for each of the girls that attend school) for the entire class. I used two 3D files (3D tree and 3D sleigh) from the Silhouette Store to make them. I modified them to fit the Dumb Dumbs (suckers).
For the tree, I resized it to make it a bit larger. I cut each of the pieces and assembled. Once assembled, I used my Big Bit to make holes for the suckers. You could add holes to the file to eliminate this step. Since there is a base, I marked the holes from the top of the tree and punched those out as well. The suckers are the tree's ornaments!
The sleigh was a little more involved but so worth it to me (I made two of them). I assembled the sleigh as it would be normally. I added an insert and punched holes for the suckers on the inside of the sleigh. Since the weight of the suckers were too heavy, I reinforced the sleigh with two support boxes on the bottom of the sleigh.

 I used a sturdy cardstock. You can use cute pattern papers and go as elaborate as you choose. I decided to keep these simple since they are going to given to elementary school aged children.

I hope you enjoyed today's project(s)! What do you think? Pretty cute huh?!?! I think so! Happy Holidays to each and every one! Kenya~

No comments: